Sierra Wireless AirCard 308 and 310U USB Modem
Globetrotting digital nomads can depend on Sierra Wireless AirCard® USB 308 and AirCard 310U modems for secure Internet roaming worldwide. These second generation AirCard modems for HSPA+ networks support speeds of up to 21.1 Mbps download and 5.76 Mbps upload. Along with the modems is Sierra Wireless AirCard Watcher™ software which makes life simple. Get online fast in a single click and browse effortlessly even when conditions are less than optimal with Internet Explorer performance boosts of up to 50 percent. Sierra Wireless has specialized in wireless technologies for more than 16 years and delivers products with a proven track record of reliability. Enterprises and consumers rely on Sierra Wireless modems more than any other brand.
* WCDMA 850/1900/2100/MHz (USB 308)
* WCDMA 900/1900/2100 MHz (310U)
* EDGE/GPRS/GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
* Max Uplink Speed up to 5.76 Mbps
* Max Downlink Speed up to 21 Mbps
* Size: 66 mm (L) x 26 mm (W) x 13 mm (H)
* Weight: 30g
* System Requirements: USB Port (2.0 recommended)
* Memory Requirements: 32 MB
* Disk Space Requirements:32 MB
* Operating Systems Supported: Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Linux Ubuntu 9.04, Mac OS X
* Access to the fastest wireless download speeds available, with up to 21.1 Mbps downlink and up to 5.76 Mbps uplink
* New industrial design and performance improvements
* Global roaming capabilities
* microSD slot
* Sierra Wireless AirCard automatic software installation
* Supports latest high bandwidth applications including video, gaming and graphics
* Compact and rugged 'no worries' USB design for life on the road
* Proven reliability and performance from Sierra Wireless
* Supports Windows 7 and Mac OS
* Plug-and-play and single click installation gets users up and running quickly
* Store and share more with built-in microSD slot
About Sierra Wireless
Sierra Wireless is expanding the wireless world with a comprehensive offering of hardware, software, and connected services for mobile lifestyles and machine-to-machine communications. Help their customers succeed with innovative, reliable, high-performing solutions and early access to new wireless technologies.
Founded in 1993, Sierra Wireless has a track record of leading the way with new wireless technologies and solutions. Sierra Wireless focus on wireless devices and applications like 3G/4G USB Modem and Portable WiFi Router, offering a comprehensive portfolio of products and services that reduce complexity for their customers. With sales, engineering, and research and development teams located in offices around the world, we also offer a network of experts in mobile broadband and M2M integration to support customers worldwide. More Sierra AirCards and Mobile Hotspots...
- firmware Review by dust
Price Value Quality
I need an instruction on how to do a manual firmware update. (Posted on 3/21/12)
- fast delivery Review by Sally
Value Quality Price
- question Review by kawaii
Value Quality Price
Part of my says "meh, go and get the MF180, thats good enough" whilst there is a feeling that maybe I should just suck it up and spend a bit extra to get a better device.
I am wondering what is the major advantage the 'Sierra Wireless 308' has over the MF180 apart from the speed advantage as Telecom gradually upgrades their network speed. Is the signal better? does it use less power (important when using a laptop with a battery)? on Mac OS X are the drivers and software more stable and reliable?
Since I've never used the 'Sierra Wireless 308' I really can't compare so I wonder if there are any out there that use it on a regular basis and how it compares to MF180 especially when using it on a Mac. (Posted on 3/8/12)
- higher and stronger Review by Ben
Quality Price Value