We’ve noticed that lots of people have the experience to search for a solution for their Huawei K5005. The Huawei K5005 4G LTE USB Modem is very important now for the professional users who need to keep connect to the world. So today, we decided to summarize all the solutions for normal problems of K5005 LTE USB STICK. We hope it can be helpful to our friend.
First let’s review the specifications of Huawei K5005:
The brand-new LTE USB stick gives you access to the latest LTE network with download speeds of up to 100 Mbps while on the move. Alongside plug-and-play technology it also supports HSPA+ for wherever the LTE network is not available.
Someone mode-switch Huawei K5005 4G LTE USB Modem by hand, (with the ’12d1 14C8 > /sys/bus/usb-serial/drivers/option1/new_id, it works,but udev seams to do nothing, if I enter it there, and mod switch rules does switch it to the right product id, but then the stick is not recognized as a modem.
Echoing a new id to the option driver is not the same thing as modes witching, it only makes the option driver recognize the id and create the modem interface.12d1:14c8 is a switched id, ie. a stick in modem mode.
When somebody try to update the firmware now I just get the error code 13, and as the current version it just says "unknown".
Need to find the original firmware version 11.318.104.22.168
The data card application does not start when your data card is plugged in
1. Automatic start-up is turned off on 4G LTE USB STICK .
You can to turn automatic start-up of the data card application on or off. If automatic start-up has been turned off, the data card application does not start when your data card is plugged in.
- Check if your data card is installed correctly on your computer. If not, you need to reinstall your data card
Problem 4:The installation can’t be completed correctly
You don’t have administrator rights
Log on to your computer as administrator. If required, contact the helpdesk or network administrator.
The data card application can’t find a network
- Check your service’s network coverage and try again later when you’ve obtained network coverage.
- Change network type so the data card application searches for both 2G and 3G networks.
- Check that a SIM is inserted in your data card
A network has been found but a connection to the internet can’t be established when using Huawei K5005 4G LTE USB Modem
The data card application can’t establish a connection to the internet if the data card application is using a wrong APN.
You can’t send text messages by using Huawei K5005 4G LTE USB Modem Solution :
1,Try sending a text message to another recipient to test if the problem is at the receiving end.
2, Write and send a text message correctly.
A connection to the internet has been established but you can’t browse the internet
Solution: 1.Disable the proxy server.
- Check that your computer is connected to the right DNS.
We strongly recommend you to turn PIN code on to prevent the illegal use by others in this 4G LTE USB STICK –Huawei K5005.
1. Find "Request PIN"
- Click Vodafone Mobile Broadband.
- Click Preferences.
- Click PIN.
- Click Request PIN.
2. Turn use of PIN on or off
- Click the box next to Request PIN to turn use of PIN on or off.
- When the box is ticked (V), use of PIN is turned on.
- If you have turned off use of PIN:
- Click OK to confirm.
- Highlight the field next to PIN and key in your PIN.
- Click OK.
- Click OK to close the window.
Incoming search terms:
- latest firmware for Huawei E960 3G Router
- latest firmware k5005